RE: SCTP MTU issues

From: Andreas Fink
> Sent: 28 August 2023 13:03
>
> I have a specific issue related to SCTP and MTU size and I'm not sure how it should be solved
> correctly.
>
> I have this setup
>
> Host A <---> router <---ipsec-tunnel--->  router B <----> Host B
>
> Host A is my Linux machine and  has a default MTU of 1500
> the IPsec tunnel reduces the MTU to a lower value (1476 or something like that)
> Router-B and Host B are devices we do not control

A thought I had is can you do something that might enable IP-fragmentation
in the ipsec-tunnel so that the longer packets can be transferred?

I rather hope our M3UA customers use ipsec tunnels (or similar) and
no one has ever asked us to limit the mtu.

> The other side is a ZTE mobile switch and the partner has no way of controlling the MTU (or they have
> no clue).
> So we can only control the Host A and Router A side.

I'd bet 'no clue' :-)
You'd expect they'd get the same problem with connections to
everywhere else as well.

	David

-
Registration No: 1397386 (Wales)

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Networking Development]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     SCTP