Re: [RESEND 2/2] sctp: hold cached endpoints to prevent possible UAF

On Thu, 16 Dec 2021, Jakub Kicinski wrote:

> > I generally like patches to encapsulate functional changes.
> >
> > This one depends on the other, but they are not functionally related.
> >
> > You're the boss though - I'll squash them if you insist.
>
> Yes, please squash them.

I'm just about to make some changes to the patches.

Specifically, I'm going to make sctp_endpoint_hold() return the
endpoint it incremented, in order to prevent schedule related data
corruption before/after the increment of refcnt.

I'm going to keep the patches separate for the time being (since I'm
going to submit this before you get out of bed most likely).  Just let
me know if you still want them squashed, even with these additional
changes (along with their explanation in the commit message), or feel
free to squash them yourself if you choose to merge them.

--
Lee Jones [李琼斯]
Senior Technical Lead - Developer Services

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Networking Development]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     SCTP