Re: EAGAIN

> On 7. Jun 2020, at 14:18, Andreas Fink <afink@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello folks,
>
> I run into a strange issue with SCTP under Linux and I'm not sure whats the right approach to fix this.
>
> I have a listener thread which listens on a port for multiple inbound connections
> I have a sender thread which sends packets to peers by using the same socket and doing a sctp_sendv call.
> Sockets are always in non blocking mode.
So a single SOCK_SEQPACKET socket for sending and receiving, right?

> When the remote side gets stopped (process killed),  the sctp_sendv starts returning 0 and errno is set to EAGAIN and we constantly retry.
When it returns 0, you can't look at errno. errno is only set to a correct value, if -1 is returned.

If you killed the peer, I would assume that there is an SCTP message containing an
ABORT chunk in the wire. Is that true? If that is true, you could subscribe to
SCTP_ASSOC_CHANGE notification, which should tell you.

Best regards
Michael