Kernel Panic in SCTP driver (Debian 4.18.0-bpo1-amd64)

Hello all

I have run into a kernel panic I can consistently reproduce within minutes:

"Kernel panic - not synching: out of memory and no killable processes..."

with the following stack trace:
..
out of memory
..
__slab_alloc
__kmalloc:node_track_caller
__kmalloc_reserve.isra
__alloc
sctp_make_datafrag_empty
sctp_datamsg_from_user
sctp_sendmsg_to_assoc
sctp_epaddr_lookup_transport
sctp_sendmsg
sctp_sendmsg
___sys_sendmsg

This is with the 4.18.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 kernel of the debian backported repository which should have a fairly new SCTP driver version.

Anyone want to take a closer look at this?

I have an empty VM where I start my software in userspace, wait 2 minutes and the kernel panics.
The app's memory usage is around 2% of the system at the time of crash but its CPU load is 100% (probably some busy loop on my side which I will fix soon).

Anyone want to take a closer look or have some insights on how to debug this?

Andreas Fink