Re: Possible bug: Association always uses the primary source address in replies

On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 9:09 PM, Martin Schröder <martin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> we have a server and a client. Both are connected to two different networks.
> Betweeen these four networks there is a complex routing structure.
> Due to an outage we have an outage from the primary interface of the server
> to all networks of the client; there is still a route with the secondary
> interface.
>
> And then this happens:
> 1. The server is listening, the client is starting.
> 2. Client begins to start Init to the reachable (secondary) interface of
>    the server
> 3. Server answers with Init ACK from his *primary* interface, which of
>    course does not reach the client
>
> Why does the server not answer on his secondary interface when there is
> still a route on this interface to the client but uses the primary interface
> which has no route?
This is up to the src IP of your INIT packet, which INIT_ACK from server
will use as the primary transport path to select the out route.

Can you provide the interface addresses, the INIT and INIT ACK
packet info, and the route info on the server? Thanks.