Re: Resources not freed when calling sctp_sendmsg() after shutdown()

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 1:55 AM, Julian Cordes <julian.cordes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>> i just ran the test-case
>>> https://github.com/nplab/PR_SCTP_Testsuite/blob/master/forward-tsn/sender-side-implementation/shutdown-tests/ttl-policy/shutdown-14.pkt
>>> on a recent archlinux kernel:
>>> $ uname -a
>>> Linux localhost 4.8.13-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 9 07:24:34 CET
>>> 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>>
>>> The problem still exists. The second time i ran the test case, i got
>>> as a result:
>>> shutdown-14.pkt:78: runtime error in bind call: Expected result 0 but
>>> got -1 with errno 98 (Address already in use)
>>>
>> I meant upstream latest kernel:
>> git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net.git
>>
>> it's already  v4.10-rc3
>> you may need to rebuild. :)
>>

> Hi,
> okay. I have never rebuild a complete linux kernel. Do i just have to
> clone the specified repository and then run make?
>
> Maybe someone that has already v4.10-rc3 can clone packetdrill from
> https://github.com/nplab/packetdrill and run the specified test-case.
> If it works multiple times then this has already been fixed, if the
> bind calls fails the second time then the problem is still there...!
yeah, in my env, it works well with the latest kernel.

but I think it's a blocker for your test script, you may still
want to build the latest kernel.

https://kernelnewbies.org/KernelBuild :
part "Setting up your kernel configuration" and
part "Building the kernel"