Re: 64000 simultaneous connections

On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 12:34:03PM -0400, Al Gambardella wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
> In addition to the net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range there are parameters
> to check such as: sctp.rto_initial and somaxconn. Also the number max

Why rto_initial? It shouldn't be related.
somaxconn, probably yes, if you're going to storm the listener.

> number of threads and file handles will have to been configured

It depends on how you will test it. SCTP can have all the 64k
associations under the same socket, if you want. But if you use it in a
1-1 style (TCP style), then yes probably you need to boost the number of
file handles.

Same applies for number of threads, only depends on your application.

> appropriately. Does the SCTP source code itself have built in resource
> limits or assumptions about max connections? I am trying to limit the

It might not scale well, but no, no limits like that comes to mind.

> surprises that I know are going to come up as I do this. So any and
> all suggestions are welcome.

Understand, yet as said, it really depends on how you will test it.