Re: Fwd: connect() issues

On 09/18/2014 09:35 AM, Jamal Hadi Salim wrote:
> On 09/18/14 09:30, Vlad Yasevich wrote:
>> On 09/18/2014 07:36 AM, Jamal Hadi Salim wrote:
>
>> What I was seeing in the logs is that the associate was actually failing before
>> a new connect was generated.
>>

> Ok, so it is there already.
>
>> I tweaked your application to get rid of libev and just run in a while loop with
>> very short select timeout.  If I make is short enough then I can get in-progress
>> error every now and then.
>
> Should i not get EINPROGRESS everytime the associate fails?

Yes, but at times it was actually processing the abort before the associate due to
locking semantics.  Try putting increasing the rtt of the loopback device with netem.
You'll then start seeing EINPROGRESS :)

> BTW: related but slightly tangential: it would be extremely helpful to
> tie sctp info into netstat or ss somehow. It will make it easier to get
> good bug reports.

There have been patches to tie it to netstat, but since each distro has it's own
netstat some didn't pick it up (I think RHEL has it, not sure about Fedora or Debian).
I'll see what I can do about add ss support.

If you roll your own, you might be able to find netstat patches in the wild.  I did
them about 10 years ago :(

-vlad