Re: handling multiple path SCTP_ADDR_CONFIRMED primitive under event SCTP_PEER_ADDR_CHANGE

On 09/04/2014 04:43 PM, Wong, Matthew wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When performing the following test on SCTP multi-homed association, I am seeing the SCTP_ADDR_CONFIRMED primitive coming back
> When bring back the last path up.
>
> Could I handle the CONFIRMED primitive like the AVAILABLE primitive?

Yes, you can handle CONFIRMED as AVAILABLE.  The indicate the same
thing just at different times during the lifetime of the path.

CONFIRMED is sent for a path when the very first HB probe succeeded
for the path that was not primary.

AVAILABLE is sent any time the path moves from UNREACHABLE.

> Are there scenario that The confirmed is different from the AVAILABLE?
>
> Event that I see the AVAILABLE and CONFIRMED generated
>
> Path1 down - SCTP_ADDR_UNREACHABLE
> Path2 down (assoc down) - commLost
> Path1 up - commUp and then SCTP_ADDR_UNREACHABLE on path2
> Path2 up - SCTP_ADDR_CONFIRMED on 1 side of the connection and SCTP_ADDR_AVAILABLE on the other side of the connection

So probably what happened here is that on side was able to confirm
the address before it went down and the other one did not.
When the path came back up, the one that confirmed the address moved
to AVAILABLE, and the other one finally confirmed the path through HBs.

-vlad