Re: uapi header mismatch with kernel ?

On 08/28/2014 03:05 PM, Tristan Su wrote:
On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Daniel Borkmann <dborkman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08/28/2014 09:34 AM, Daniel Borkmann wrote:

On 08/28/2014 08:33 AM, 苏庆 wrote:

Hi all,

I found that In 3.x kernel, the sctp states are defined differently
between kernel and uapi header. This makes our application fails to
work.

Is that a mismatch or am I missing something?

You are correct, and that's not good ... can you try out the below
kernel patch?

Thank you for the confirmation.
I'm not kernel developer and have no experience on kernel patching/compiling
but the fix looks straightforwards to me.

It seems that the issue exists in mainline kernel and also distributions
  like RHEL7, Ubuntu 14.04, etc. Applications that care SCTP_STATUS
  would be impacted and it would not help even to recompile the application.

I'm currently verifying it myself and will send out a patch ASAP. It will
then go to stable afterwards on the next pull request from Dave to Linus.

BTW, any idea on how long it would take for the fix to be delivered by
distributions like RHEL?

Should I report this to bugzilla.kernel.org or to linux distributions?

They will include it when it gets delivered via stable kernels.