Re: undetected closed apps

On 12/19/13 13:16, Vlad Yasevich wrote:

So, I took another look and it looks like there is an issue when the
chunks are being abandoned in sctp_outq_flush().  We simply delete
the chunks and it is possible that we can drain our queue without
ever setting the empty state.  Since we didn't sent anything, we
wouldn't get any SACKs, thus the queue would never be set as empty
and we would be stuck in the SHUTDOWN_PENDING state, just like you
observe.

Thanks Vlad.

Can you try this patch to see if it resolves things.  Can play with
netem values on lo to trigger PR faster.

Oh, I have many ways to trigger it - never thought of netem.

I will let you know how it went with the patch later today. Hoping
the linger on client side would resolve it for me so i dont depend
on a specific patch.

cheers,
jamal