Re: Interested in contributing code to LKSCTP

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Neil Horman <nhorman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 01:40:59PM +0530, Sreeram BS wrote:
>> Hi,
>>    I am Sreeram. I browsed through the LKSCTP website. I am interested
>> in contributing code to this project and hence sending  a mail to this
>> mailing list.
>> I request you to kindly guide me with the first steps for contributing
>> to this project and from where to start with.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sreeram
> Start with The SubmittingPatches document in the Documentation subdirectory of
> the kernel tree.  That will tell you steps in submitting a patch (note that sctp
> patches come to this list and netdev rather than linux-kernel).  As for what to
> work on, that really depends on where your needs intersect your interests.
> Neil
>
>> --

Thanks Neil for the suggestions and pointers you have provided.
I shall start with SubmittingPatches document.
Also, I was curious to know how to pick up things in which I wish to
work on and contribute. I mean, what is the method where I get to know
the list of items that need to be worked upon, and who is working on
which item (to avoid duplication) etc.
Kindly suggest.

Regards,
Sreeram