Re: MultiPath TCP in the Linux Kernel

On Thursday, January 20, 2011 wrote Eric Dumazet:
> > if you want that your work becomes part of the official network stack you
> > should align your effort on the official Linux way. This means you should
> > split your work and publish patches on this maillinglist.
>
> Hmm, they probably know that, and prefer to wait MTCP stuff is mature
> before patch submission :)
Exactly... :)

The protocol specification of MPTCP is not stable yet
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed/).

Also, all the features are not yet in our implementation (e.g., IPv6-support
and dual IPv4/IPv6-support), and it is necessary to make our implementation
less intrusive to the regular TCP/IP-stack.

However, as developper-resources are limited this will still take quite some
time... ;)

Cheers,
Christoph

--