Re: [RFC Patch] net: reserve ports for applications using fixed port numbers

On Friday 05 February 2010 06:45:38 you wrote:

> Again, using bitmap algorithm is not a problem and it's better, the
> problem is sysctl interface, how would you plan to interact with users
> via sysctl/proc if you use bitmap to handle this? I would like to hear
> more details about this.

We could use something like positive values for setting and negative for reset
(e.g. 3 would set the port in the bitmap and -3 would reset it).

But we would need new sysctl and proc handlers to handle the bitmap case (e.g.
sysctl_bitmap, proc_dobitmap_minmax).