Re: Do piggybacked ACKs work?

Doug Graham wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a little test that simply has a client send 32 bytes of data to
> server, which then replies back with the same data.  What doesn't look
> right to me is that I never see piggybacked ACKs.  I see the client
> send 32 bytes, then the server reply in a packet containing a single
> DATA chunk of 32 bytes, and then 200ms later both SACKs are sent.

Piggybacked ACKs will not be sent every packet.  Looks like you are hitting
the typical single packet request-response senario.

I'd recommend you read RFC 4960 section 6.2.

Now, it's possible to do some piggy-backing when bulk data is flowing in
both directions, but that would different then you proposal below.

-vlad