Re: [net-next-2.6 PATCH 0/6] sctp: implement IETF SCTP Stream Reconfiguration extension draft

Wei Yongjun wrote:
> Hi All
>
> The following series of 6 patches is the implementation of IETF STREAM-RESET
> draft (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stewart-tsvwg-sctpstrrst-01).
>
> With this series, we'll implement most of the draft's defines. We skip the
> "deferred reset processing" on receiver side procedures for the Outgoing SSN
> Reset Request Parameter. This may appear later as a patch.
>
> I'd really appreciate people take a look and review this patches.

Hi Wei

This is an interesting draft, and it's good to have an prototype implementation,
but I think there are some holes in the draft still.

I think the biggest hole is the API.  Since it's not documented at all, I would
be extremely hesitant of opening any of it.

I need to do a detailed review of this and I invite you to send any comments you
have to Randy and the rest of the authors.

I think that by missing the deferred reset processing, we are open to some interesting
problems.  The issue is that if the stream reset arrives prior to any pending TSNs, we
need to enter this deferred processing state.  This could be very easy to hit and it needs
to be done.  There are also some inconsistencies in the text for deferred processing.

This is really an RFC series, since I think the spec needs a lot of work before I can
take this for the main-line kernel.

-vlad