UAS driver seems to be reporting a 4k sector size for a 512 byte sector device?

Hi, I have a Samsung 850 Pro SSD which is currently in a USB 3.0 / UAS
external enclosure.  The Samsung SSD uses a 512 byte physical and logical
sector size, and when it is accessed via the usb-storage device, this
is what I get.

In a vain hope that I could get discard working, I built a kernel that
included the uas driver, and discovered that when I accessed the drive
using the uas driver, it showed up as a 4k physical sector device, and
this caused device-mapper to complain that the dm-crypt partition was
misaligned.

Is this a problem with the hardware, or with the UAS driver?

						- Ted