Re: Time to make dynamically allocated devt the default for scsi disks?

On 08/30/2016 01:43 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
I tried running this, but it seems I'm failing to configure my test
environment correctly [1], but I'm worried that this "re-parenting the
scsi-disk" approach, even if the above warning is addressed, may not
be backwards compatible.  We now have an ordering difference where the
link to the "block" attribute group is established after the disk's
KOBJ_ADD event which seems in the same class of problems that Fam
Zheng's patchset [2] is trying to solve.

Bart, if you can help me get the test case running I can take a look
at finishing off the disk_devt approach I proposed earlier.

[1]: https://gist.github.com/djbw/1c72526c90d1ea8fe2a05dcfbfc73dda
[2]: https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/8/17/63

Hello Dan,

Today running the srp-test software is only possible on a system equipped with at least one InfiniBand port. Since the soft-RoCE driver has been accepted in kernel v4.8 (drivers/infiniband/sw/rxe) it should be possible to modify the srp-test software such that it runs on any system equipped with at least one Ethernet port. However, that will require adding RoCE (RDMA over Ethernet) support to the ib_srp and ib_srpt drivers.

Bart.