Re: scsi-mq performance check

We have to lock due to how we reserve a slot in the delivery queue.
We are looking to optimise this, but it's not straightforward.

Perf is a good strategy, but, to be honest, I have not spent a lot
of time looking at this so I'm looking for low hanging fruit initially.

FYI, our hardware does have the same number of delivery and
completion queues (32), and 16 cores. One thing to note is that a
command which was sent on queue x is not quaranteed to complete on
queue y.

... then don't bother looking at scsi-mq. That is the very thing it
relies on ...

Time to change the firmware?

Cheers,

Hannes

Hi,

Even though a slot delivered on queue x is not guaranteed to complete on completion queue x, is nearly always does (I just quickly tested on our new chip, and 100% of the time it is the same - I need to check with our hardware guys if this was only v1 of the IP).

As for firmware, our controller does not have any.

cheers,