Re: tcmu-runner (target userspace passthrough daemon) development

On Tue, 2015-01-20 at 15:27 -0800, Andy Grover wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> tcmu-runner is a userspace daemon that simplifies the configuration and
> processing of SCSI commands from LIO to userspace handlers, via the new
> TCMU userspace passthrough backstore.
>
> https://github.com/agrover/tcmu-runner

Thanks for posting.  ;)

> As a proof-of-concept, I've implemented a Gluster backend handler. I'm
> looking for code review and collaborators, as well as suggestions on
> what other userspace handlers we might want to work on. Tape or optical
> jukebox emulation? VMDK files?? Video RAM???

How about a user-space handler for qcow2, so we could have a mechanism
for exposing qcow2 images into KVM guest using vhost-scsi export..?

Ideally there would be a library that QEMU provides so that from TCMU's
user-space handler perspective, it's simply issuing fd reads/writes into
qcow2 library code that is doing the fancy feature stuff outside of
user-space handler logic..

--nab