RE: How to get more sequential IO merged at elevator

Thanks Jens. I got your point about O_DIRECT IO. When I read <man> page of
<fio> it mentioned default iodepth_batch and iodepth_low will be same as
iodepth value.. but in my case I have to explicitly provide those
parameters. It looks like default value for ipdepth_bacch/low is 1.

Once I provide fio parameter "iodepth_batch=32" and "iodepth_low=32", I
see IO in batch before plug and after unplug from application.
I am able to get now max merged IO. Thanks for helping me on this.

~ Kashyap