Re: [Scst-devel] OSS target - VMware SCSI reservation bug conformity.

> From: "Dr. Greg Wettstein" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> If there is an issue it would seem to be in the best interests of
> those of us committed to open-source storage solutions to understand
> and protect ourselves from the situation.  There is a third saying
> which is important as well:

If the question is a legitimate question of interpretation, then the
better course is probably "be liberal in what you receive and be
conservative in what you transmit".

Practically speaking, I remember the story of US Robotics modems.  I'm
told they captured the market for server modems in the days of dialup
services by testing their modems against every make of modem on the
market and tweaking its behavior so that it could successfully
interwork with basically any modem the consumer purchased, no matter
how crappy.  This level of reliability was very valuable to the
operators of online services.

Dale