Re: [LSF/MM TOPIC] [ATTEND] scsi_eh updates

On 01/20/2014 07:44 PM, Giridhar Malavali wrote:

> On 12/20/13 6:54 AM, "Hannes Reinecke" <hare@xxxxxxx> wrote:

[ .. ]

>> As discussed during last year's LSF the SCSI error handler should be
>> updated to handle modern SCSI transports better.
>> While some patchsets are already merged, there are some issues which
>> are still open:
>> - Handling of requests during host reset:
>>  Do we need to keep hold of outstanding requests during host reset?
>>  Or is it save to return them prior to host reset?
>> - Check for transport status prior to sending TMFs.
>>  Task management functions typically need a working I_T nexus,
>>  so it does make sense to first check the transport status
>>  prior to attempting any TMFs
>> - Further steps for updating SCSI EH
>> As these are tricky issues which have possible repercussions on the
>> entire subsystem and LLDDs it'd be good to have a broader discussion
>> here.
>
> +1
>
> I would like to participate in this discussion to provide inputs from
> LLDDs.

And I would _very_ much like to have participation from LLDD
vendors/providers; as part of the scsi_eh update I plan to introduce
a new callback 'eh_transport_reset'.
Which need to be implemented at the LLDD level.

Cheers,

Hannes
hare@xxxxxxx			      +49 911 74053 688