Re: CmdSN greather than MaxCmdSN protocol error in LIO Iser

On Tue, 2013-11-12 at 23:03 +0000, Moussa Ba (moussaba) wrote:
> Your latest patch seems to have addressed the problem, I have not been
> able to reproduce it post patch and can readily reproduce it with the
> mainline 3.12 kernel. I will run a longer test tonight, but this seems
> to have done it.

Excellent.

Ok, so in the end this was bug due to a misinterpretation of how
mutex_trylock() works..

I was originally under the assumption that mutex_trylock() was returning
zero upon contention when cmdsn_mutex was already held by the same
process (as can happen in the iscsi_execute_cmd() exception response
path), and not from a different process (as expected between normal
session RX/TX process contexts)..

Simply avoiding the direct ib_isert callback in lio_queue_status() for
the special iscsi_execute_cmd() exception cases allows the problematic
mutex_trylock() usage in iscsit_increment_maxcmdsn() to go away
entirely.

I'll put these into proper patch series shortly.

Thanks again,

--nab