From: Christoph Hellwig [mailto:hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 3:06 AM
To: Saxena, Sumit
Cc: Ben Collins; Martin K. Petersen; DL-MegaRAID Linux; linux-scsi; aradford@xxxxxxxxx; Maloy, Joe
Subject: Re: State of big-endian for MegaRAID SAS driver

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 12:51:07PM +0530, Saxena, Sumit wrote:
> We are conferring with Marketing and Product Management on direction  wrt  Big endian support for megaraid_sas driver.  Our goal is to gain clear direction within two weeks.

Sorry guys, but this is just utter bullshit.  There are obviously correct patches out that make an important class of controllers work with no downside at all given that code doesn't even change for little endian compiled driver binaries.

I have to say I'm a little sad and disappointed we're even arguing this in any form and that patch haven't been merged long ago.