Re: Questions about your scsi-mq prototype

On Fri, 2013-07-26 at 08:29 -0500, scameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 07:16:39PM -0700, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
> > On Tue, 2013-07-16 at 10:39 -0700, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:

<SNIP>

> > Hi Stephen & Robert,
> >
> > Just curious if you've been able to make any progress here..?
>
> Only just started to try to make the scsi variant of the sop driver
> work again yesterday and start bringing it up to date since it was
> last touched in December, and so I haven't done anything with the
> scsi-mq code yet.  Too many other things demanding my attention at
> work lately, but at least I was able to spend nearly all day yesterday
> working on the scsi SOP driver.

Great, thanks for the update.  Looking forward to seeing the drivers
synced.

> > Also as per our earlier off-list discussion, you should be able to
> > safely run existing scsi_request_fn() based LLDs along side new
> > SHT->scsi_mq=true enabled code for prototyping purposes.
>
> Thanks, good to know.
>

> > Btw, any chance to get an SOP sample to hack on..?  I'd like to connect
> > one of these to IvyBridge-EP silicon for various scsi-mq and target mode
> > performance testing.  ;)
>
> You mean hardware?

Yes!

>  Not for me to answer, but I'd say it's not very likely at the moment.

If you can point me to a person off-list to chat with about such an
arrangement, it would be appreciated.  I'm happy to sign an NDA and
whatever legal bits are necessary to make a scsi-mq enabled SOP driver a
reality.

--nab