Linux 3.2: SCSI counters iodone_cnt and iorequest_cnt

Hi,

While trying out a Linux 3.2 kernel I've noticed that the counters
iodone_cnt and iorequest_cnt end up differing from each other after having
written a file to disk with dd. Iorequest_cnt > iodone_cnt even a long time
(several minutes) after the write is complete. The disk that was used for
the file is an SSD connected via SATA. A friend has tested writing a file
on his computer (running Debian wheezy with 3.1 kernel and on "rotating"
disk connected via SATA) and sees the same behaviour. Actually the
difference between the counters increases over time.

When doing a file write on an HDD connected via SAS, I don't see this
behaviour.
Is this a known behavior for SATA?

Best regards,
Magnus