Re: Is it possible for Realtek card reader driver to reside inSCSIsubsystem?

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 04:24:49PM +0800, edwin_rong wrote:
> On 04/23/2012 04:11 PM, James Bottomley wrote:
> >[updated Greg to non-SUSE address]

> >>Dear James,
> >>
> >>Got it, thanks for your response, sincerely.
> >>
> >>As to my case, which subsystem do you think is fit for our driver to
> >>stay, could you give me some suggestions?
> >Well, you said it's a combination of mmc and memstick.  If it can be
> >bound as two separate drivers, I'd say one in each.  If there's magic
> >that has to be done in the binding (as in you need a single bind driver
> >that activates each component), I'd say be guided by the maintainers of
> >those components.  My instinct would be to put it in one and use the
> >other via Kconfig, but whatever they find most appropriate.
> >
> >James
> >

> Gotcha!
>
> Thanks for your suggestion, James.

Also, at the least, you have a lot of basic coding style issues to clean
up in the drivers/staging/rts_pstor/ directory before your code can move
out of there.  Please start working on that as soon as possible.

thanks,

greg k-h