RE: [ATTEND]

<Chetan.Loke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > I came across UBIFS when I was looking to implement just a backing
> > device. So I'm trying to understand if you looked at UBIFS and if
parts
> > of that could have been used(or if they are used already?). Because
in
> > the end we need to create an erase-aware FS(without the usual
> > defrag/syscall/etc support) and manage that in conjunction with
> > block-layer. Agreed that UBIFS is a generic FS. But we also need to
> > worry about erase-cycles/counters etc

> I don't quite follow what you're trying to do - you want to turn raw
> flash into a block device, i.e. an ftl?
>
> Bcache is pretty close to being an ftl, and I think what's left will

Exactly. So what I'm saying is, if UBI also does ftl then you could be
duplicating code/efforts. UBI is already upstream. Now whether it
supports everything we want is another thing.
(and that's why I CC'd its author). So pieces that aren't there could be
implemented. But they also talk about erase-counters etc and I don't
know if I saw something similar in your bucket_struct[or foo_struct].
May be its somewhere else.