[LSF/MM TOPIC] [ATTEND] qla2xxx FC target mode

Hello,

Given the interest getting the Qlogic FC Target driver merged into
mainline during the v3.4 -> v3.5 time frame, I would like to propose a
LSF storage track discussion for some of the longer term items wrt
qla2xxx target mode that are stretching across SCSI + target subsystems.

We would like to eventually support mixed SCSI initiator / target mode
on a per HW port context basis.  Before that can happen in mainline some
of the interaction between SCSI core and target core will need to be
sorted out..

This includes:

- I -> T transition between active initiator mode LLD LUNs
  + active TCM ports in same LLD
- T -> I transition + rescan of ports without having to restart SCSI LLD
- mixed mode running on the same physical/virtual port
- target core dependencies in SCSI core to make this work..?

More background is available in the RFC-v4 posting here:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/target-devel/msg01424.html

Thanks!

--nab