SCSI HA problems

I want some technical advice from the SCSI/SAS/SATA experts. We are trying to setup a low cost HA storage system with multiple servers that have SAS HBAs, SAS JBOD, and desktop SATA disks. When we first set it up everything appeared to work. I created RAID6 on one host and put it into a corosync/pacemaker config. I was then able to migrate the RAID from one host to another. A short while later a failover failed and I noticed that some of the drives became inaccessible on one of the hosts. The kernel was showing timeouts to the device.

Oct 21 17:55:34 haraid-12-1 kernel: sd 1:0:3:0: timing out command, waited 10s

So, my question is this, is this setup technically possible or are the 2 HBAs going to conflict with each other when talking over the same SAS bus to the SATA drives?

Thanks,
Mike