Re: mkdir: cannot create directory `/sys/kernel/config/target/iscsi': Invalid argument

On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 13:05 -0400, Douglas Gilbert wrote:
> Well I can answer my own question.
> configfs doesn't seem to be mounted at /sys/kernel/config
> and even when it is, superuser cannot create a directory
> there. So mount configfs somewhere else:
>
> mount -t configfs none /tmp/config

This should actually be:

mount -t configfs configfs /sys/kernel/config

> Then in reference to this page:
>    http://linux-iscsi.org/wiki/Target/configFS
>
> change this line:
>    export TARGET=/sys/kernel/config/target/core/
>    export TARGET=/tmp/config/target/core/
> then continue.
>
> BTW The target infrastructure creates this noise in the log:
>    "Unable to load target_core_stgt"
> There is no such module that I can see.
>

> And I still can't do what I want: to use the target
> infrastructure to make a disk image in a file look
> like a SCSI device on the local machine. No iSCSI,
> SRP, FCxxx, SAS, UAS nor SOP ... just _SCSI_ !!

I just sent an email off-list with the various wiki pointers to tcm_loop
for local SCSI LLD device access.

Using the rtsadmin shell is definately the easiest way to configure
target core backends and tcm_loop target ports.  Installing this from
www.risingtidesystems.com/git source is still a bit challenging atm, but
we'd be happy to send you an rtsadmin-frozen build offlist for your own
use.  Please let us know if you prefer rpm or debs.  ;)

--nab