Re: rtsadmin-v1.99 BETA packages

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 18:26 -0700, Andy Grover wrote:
> On 05/11/2011 05:30 PM, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
> > Thanks alot for this status update wrt to rtsadmin-v2 userspace.  I am
> > really looking forward to seeing rtsadmin-v2 community edition available
> > very soon in Fedora rawhide.  We (RTS) are also very excited to expose
> > the v2 shell to a larger audience using mainline >= .38 target v4
> > infrastructure.
>
> Hi nab,
>
> I've packaged rtsadmin + deps for f14 and f15, instead of rawhide.
> Fedora 14/15 users can add this repo:
>
> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/grover/rtsadmin/fedora-rtsadmin.repo
>
> These are currently lacking docs but are functional.
>
> Do I need to package lio-utils, or will it (imho preferably) be merged
> into rtsadmin before 2.0?

Now that we do have a functional set for save/unload/restore ops with
lio-utils, this bit is considered medium priority in the short term as
the there are more important bits to enable for shell usability..

> Also, RPM really likes to start with a tarball from upstream -- I made
> these myself from git for this snapshot, but real, upstream tarballs are
> of course preferable, and leads me to ask: when should we expect the
> official 2.0 release?

I expect by the time that .40 ships this fall we will have a stable v2.0
release with fully integrated save/restore logic from rtslib without any
legacy lio-utils dependencies.

> > We believe that having an interactive target shell and python
> > library available to developers and users is criticaly important to
> > the success of the mainline target ecosystem as a whole. We are very
> > proud to be able to work with the upstream community to achieve this
> > important milestone with the v2 shell.
>
> Of course, for rtsadmin packages *you* are the upstream. :)

:)

--nab