2.6.39-rc3-git3 problem

The problem occurs since 2.6.39-rc1 . I reported it at that time, but the kernel mailing list very likely put my e-mail on spam so that it didn't appear. In another reclamation, by a mistake, I wrote 2.6.36-rc1 rather than 2.6.39-rc1 .

If one starts the computer with text mode, then it crashs also, but after very long time, appr. 20-40 min after booting.

I on my server / main computer using the fbdev driver, for testing out this problem also vesa. With both it crashs short after starting X .

One time when I started it on a laptop, then during the boot time, text mode, if the screen switchs to another text mode, then the text became very small, 1 cm, on the top of the screen, several times side-on-side, so that one couldnt read it. Then I waited and logged in, then I started startx (normally, it goes in grafic mode automatically, but at that time not). Then the grafic started normally, but after some 2 min. it crashed.

If the crash occurs in the grafic mode, then it switches instantly to the text screen, and the error message is visible in text-mode, as visible in the foto.

I started the computer after a crash from an USB key, for not overwrite dmesg. But, in none of the message files is any message related to the crash.

In order not to overwrite old dmesg files, it should be programmed into the kernel, that dmesg get any suffix, for example a random number, or date-time.

I hope that informations are helpful to fix this.

If someone fix it, then it can send to me as a normal patch, with the kernel number, and any git number (like the normal git files / kernel gits), because then I can apply the patch and compile the kernel with my normal kernel-compiling script.

W.Landgraf

Linux SYS
---
Professional hosting for everyone - http://www.host.ru