Re: target: problems with Persistent reservations, iscsi

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Nicholas A. Bellinger
<nab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For proper production PR usage you really, *really* want to use explict NodeACLs with the
> correct Initiator IQN names and disable demo mode all together. ÂHowever, it is possible to use
> demo-mode with PR ops for non production (eg: testing) purposes, but it is not as nearly well
> tested as using Explict Node ACLs.
ok, i followed the guide. i'm not super familiar with iscsi
after the tests you asked, i modified my setup to use *correct*
nodenames on the acl and disabled the demo mode

> So that said, there are two more tests I would like you to run to help isolate this particular
> issue wrt to PR operation with demo mode (eg: generate_node_acls=1)
>
> *) Please go ahead and enable 'cache_dynamic_acls' for the TargetName+TargetPortalGroupTag endpoint
> with the following and retest using the Vertias test suite.
>
> echo 1 > /sys/kernel/config/target/iscsi/iqn.2010.ar.com.zumbi:disk0/tpgt_1/attrib/cache_dynamic_acls
it failed :(
dmesg.test1 is the log file

> This will keep around the dynamically generated struct se_node_acls
> which does have an effect on certain PR operations, but thus far you are
> the first to the NULL pointer deference issue with demo mode PR
> operation.
>
> *) From there, go ahead and disable demo mode all together for the TargetName+TargetPortalGroupTag
> endpoint with:
>
> echo 0 > /sys/kernel/config/target/iscsi/iqn.2010.ar.com.zumbi:disk0/tpgt_1/attrib/generate_node_acls
>
> and fix the NodeACLs to match the actual initiator side IQNs and retest again.
it failed too
dmesg.test2 is the log file