Re: MD RAID1 deadlock on failed disk

Hi,

The configuration is:
Perc H200 controller configured with no RAID (mpt2sas driver),
2 SATA disks (sda and sdb),
Linux MD Sofware RAID1 (md0),
stock Linux 2.6.35.7 kernel.

I hotunplug the second (sdb) disk, and the result is:
. as expected, I can read sda device,
. as expected, any read to sdb device fails,
. unexpectedly, any read to md0 never returns.

No oops or thing like that in the kernel log.
I did not try the same with other kernel releases.

2.6.32.24 kernel worked fine.

Neil Brown asked for /proc/sysrq-trigger ouput,
and concluded that the problem is related to 'fw_event0'.
See his answer bellow.

Regards,
Hubert Tonneau