Re: Applying MVSAS Patch

On Dec 21, 2009, at 7:25 AM, Caspar Smit <caspar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009, Andy Yan wrote:

Please don't apply the 7th patch with your kernel.

Any chance of getting your patch applied to the stable kernel tree so it
might come into the regular distribution kernels?

Might be good to hear if the other people applying it have had better luck
than me, for me the patches made the kernel freeze as soon as I did
anything with the mvsas device in question.

Same here, after applying patches 1-6 at vanilla 2.6.32, the raid5/6
disconnecting of disks disappeared but still way too unstable. Kernel
panics when hotplugging exists and being able to run 3 controllers at the
same time is impossible.

Caspar

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx