Known-good PCI-E SAS HBAs?

Hi,

I'm looking for a 4-8 port PCI-Express SAS adapter that has solid
out-of-the-box Linux support. Can you give any recommendations?

I already have a PCI-e Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 card that uses the
mvsas driver. It hasn't worked too well - when I start a mdadm raid
over it, the driver freaks out and drops the drives. This has been
documented in the mailing lists, and I believe there is a fix on the
way, but I haven't been able to obtain it despite trying.

I have seen recommendations for LSI PCI-e SAS adapters that also use
mvsas. However, I have also been told that sending SMART commands to
drives on these similarly cause the driver to freak out and drop
drives.

So, any recommendations for known fully-working PCI-Express SAS HBAs
with in-kernel support? 4-8 ports. Much appreciated.

FWIW, the Supermicro AOC-SAT2-MV8 PCI-X SATA card behaves perfectly. I
can highly recommend it, and would very much like to find something
similar but for PCI-e and SAS.

I'll be running relatively new kernels, 2.6.31, if it matters w.r.t.
driver support etc.

Thanks!

-- Kristleifur