Re: ses enclosure stuff not working with Promise Vtrak J610S JBOD

John Hughes wrote:
With the following patch I get the "device" directories in the enclosure bay directories, even for the SATA drive. (Maybe this is because the SATA drive is behind a so-called "aamux" device).

I also find the "enclosure_device:xxx" link in the /sys/block/sdxx/device directory
One problem with the patch is that, since I don't have a page 7 (bay names) it's using the "enclosure component index" as the name, and that (at least for me) seems to be an index starting from zero, where my bays are numbered from one.

sg_ses shows a "bay number", I think I'll try to make the patch look for the bay number and make the name something like "bay-nn" if there is a bay number.

# sg_ses -p 10 /dev/sg32
PROMISE   3U-SAS-16-D BP    0107
   enclosure services device
Additional (device) element status diagnostic page:
 generation code: 0x0
 Element type: Array device, subenclosure id: 0
   element index: 0 [0x0]
   Transport protocol: SAS
   number of phys: 1, not all phys: 1, bay number: 1
[...]