Re: fc_remote_port_delete and returning SCSI commands from LLD

James Smart wrote:

Christof Schmitt wrote:
On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 12:24:31PM -0400, James Smart wrote:
But - this process is a coordinated effort between the driver and the upper layers, and where the driver doesn't get helped by the transport (the blocked state) it had better mimic the return codes at the different points, and perhaps more, so that bad things don't happen.

"mimic the return codes" refers to fc_remote_port_chkready? Like
returning DID_IMM_RETRY when the rport is going to be BLOCKED, but
fc_remote_port_delete did not run yet?

Yes

Although, now that I look at chkready again, I'm surprised it didn't have one of Mike's TRANSPORT_DISRUPTED status's being returned.

We use DID_IMM_RETRY and do not use TRANSPORT_DISRUPTED in fc_remote_port_chkready because it would count against the retries which we do not want when we hit those state change races. I think Andrew/qlogic hit something where during those race windows we could exhaust all the retries.