Re: SCSI queue warnings under 2.6.31 with LSI SAS1064E controller

Desai, Kashyap <Kashyap.Desai@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Now coming to the real issue.
>I am suspecting there may be IO errors with your drive coming very frequently.
>
>QUEUE FULL event is coming from Firmware whenever any change happens in
>device queue depth. This will only happens in IO error path. (We can
>think of flow control will kicked off when IO error occurs at firmware
>level and they will inform Driver saying Queue full event).
>
>In other words,
>If you replace with newer SAS drive, things may work fine even with 2.6.31.
>
>As you have mentioned that this SAS drive was previously used for
>striping, there may be possibility of poor performance of your SAS
>drive.

Thanks for the explanation. Is there a safe way to obtain IO error data from the
drives under Linux?

Since they are configured for striping, the two drives appear as a single SCSI
device /dev/sda
The drives are both SEAGATE  ST373454SS