Re: Bidirectional data transfers from SCSI layer

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Boaz Harrosh<bharrosh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Boaz,

Thanks a lot.

>> Do I need to modify the SCSI driver files to handle  the
>> bi-directional comamnds or Is this already supported?
>>

> Yes only very few drivers support bidi commands.
> i.e. iscsi is the only one that supports them in general.

Currently, I am registering my driver to the SCSI layer. Now I
understand, I need to register my driver to iscsi to get
bi-directional commands. If this is the case, how can I register my
driver to iscsi driver to get bi-directional commands, and will I get
the same functionality from iscsi as I am currently getting from scsi.

> (Tell me if you need example code for bsg use in user-mode).

Could you please send me the link to the user mode bsg initiator code
which issues the bi-directional commands?

>> I found only one struct scsi_data_buffer pointer in scsi_cmnd
>> structure. So, how do SCSI layer sends IN and OUT buffer pointers and
>> their lengths to my class driver?
>>

> Again:
>        if (scsi_bidi_cmnd(cmnd)) {
>                in_sdb = scsi_in(cmnd);
>                out_sdb = scsi_out(cmnd);
>        }
> It works, look at the code.

Before using the above snippet in my class driver, do I need to fill
in_req and out_req in SCSI layer or Is it already filled? If I use the
iscsi driver, then there is no need to do any modifications to the
in_req and out_req.

Thanks and Regards,
Madhavi M.