Signal when device is disconnected

Dear Experts,

The proc/bus/usb API has an ioctl that can arrange for the application to receive a signal when the device is disconnected. Is there anything similar for the SCSI generic (or other SCSI) APIs?

Assuming that there isn't, I think I need to either poll the device to see if it's still there, or listen on a netlink socket for a removal uevent, or I need to find the USB device corresponding to the sg device that I'm using and use its signal-on-removal ioctl. In the latter case, is there a way to traverse from an sg device's /sys directory to the corresponding usb device's /sys directory? /sys seems to be full of symlinks but I can't find the one that I need in this case.

Basically I have a fairly simple user-space driver for a USB SCSI device that uses the SCSI-generic API, and I want it to terminate tidily when the device is detached.

Many thanks for any advice.

Phil.

(Please Cc: me in any replies.)