Re: LSF Papers online?

> You may not like me but this is pretty lame excuse for denying me
> merit and in turn damaging _your_ own project.

Oh finally we get the truth. You are peeved someone went off and did the
job that needed doing and it wasn't you.

Firstly it isn't *my* project. I just contribute chunks of code to it. I
didn't even start the shift to put PATA drivers into libata, I just
picked up a job that needed doing, did it and for the most part have now
moved on to trying to tackle the tty layer.

I really don't care about the whole merit thing. You'll note when Linus
asked me to maintain 2.4 I said no, when some young punk called DaveM
showed up and proved way better than me at networking code I simply
handed over maintainership.

There are plenty of projects where you can go play full contact ego wars
all day but Linux isn't one of them. I fix stuff that needs fixing, I
write stuff that needs writing and above all I try and get things into a
state where other people take them over because they feel confident they
can. If someone comes along and does the job better I'm not peeved I'm
happy because it means Linux is better too.

Alan