Adding directory under /sys/class/fc_host/hostX

Hi,

I see following two ways to add sub-directories under the /sys/class/ fc_host/hostX/ in sysfs. a) Add a new attribute_group for each directory to be created in transport_container structure. 2) Create a sysfs group and add attributes to it in the transport layer.

I was thinking of second approach, since the sub-directories that needs to be added, may not be a generic one and specific to transport. In such a case adding the attribute group to transport_container structure may affect all other transport layer. Keeping it local to particular transport layer will restrict the changes to a particular transport layer.

I see class devices getting added to the system after host setup routine is completed by transport layer. These sub-directories needs to be created after the class devices are added to the system. Hence, I was thinking of doing this in FC transport layer by passing host_configure routine as part of transport class declaration. During, host configure routine, the transport layer will go ahead and create the sub-directories and add the attributes to them.

Thanks,
Giridhar.M.B