Re: sym53c8xx: WARNING on module unload, crashes on further usage

Hi Matthew,
well, I've got VERY crappy screen photo, my collegue made using his cellphone, You can check
it on http://nik.lbox.cz/downloads/sym53c8xx-crash.jpg
But we can quite easily reproduce the problem, I'll try to do it today evening and make a
better screenshot...
I'll report further then.
Regarding warning, couldn't it then be surpressed, if it's harmless? Kernel then gets tainted,
which makes me a bit nervous :-)
regards
nik

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 05:23:38AM -0600, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 09:54:04AM +0200, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
> > Hi,
> > we're experiencing problems using changer connected on LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c875 adaptor (using sym53c8xx module).
> > Sometimes changer gets stuck, and reloading sym53c8xx module is the only way to help. But it alwas issues following warning,
> > and on subsequent mtx usage, the whole machine usually crashes...
>
> The warning is actually harmless.  What error messages do you get when
> the machine crashes?
>
> --
> Matthew Wilcox				Intel Open Source Technology Centre
> "Bill, look, we understand that you're interested in selling us this
> operating system, but compare it to ours.  We can't possibly take such
> a retrograde step."
> --

Nikola CIPRICH
LinuxBox.cz, s.r.o.