Re: [RFC] FC pass thru - Rev V

On Feb 20, 2009, at 10:00 PM, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 18:33:43 -0800
Seokmann Ju <seokmann.ju@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Feb 11, 2009, at 7:43 AM, Seokmann Ju wrote:

On Feb 11, 2009, at 7:13 AM, James Smart wrote:

Trying to kick-start this again...
I've updated the prior RFC with the comments from Seokmann,
SvenFujita, and Boaz. I would still like review on the
blk_xxx completion calls in the std and error paths.
I'm looking the driver changes to match it with latest updates in
the transport layer.
The driver with the changes should be available within a couple of
weeks.
When the FC transport layer calls fc_bsg_map_buffer(), it eventually
calls
blk_rq_map_sg() to build sg_list for mapped bio in the request
structure.
I'm having trouble, however, in getting the sg_list for both dout_xferp
and din_xferp, which is mapped into the bio in the request structure.
With the pass-thru - Rev V, the sg_list returned from the
fc_bsg_map_buffer()
seems not right, particularly, the dma_address and dma_length fields
are NULL.
The sg_cnt and payload_len of the request_payload/reply_payload are
correctly
set by the function, though.

I've not read the code yet but the above behavior doesn't sound a bug.

dma_map_sg is a function that sets up the dma_address and dma_length
fields in a scatter list. LLDs gets a request from the transport layer
and need to call dma_map_sg.
Thanks for the point.
Actually, we talked about this before as below, somehow, I've forgotten.
http://markmail.org/message/vfxzsupax4xhozfy