Re: [Q] In sg_io_v4 what to use as flag for "queue at_head"

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:05:41 +0200
Boaz Harrosh <bharrosh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Douglas Gilbert wrote:
> >
> > or (adding "_TA_" for task attribute):
> >    enum {
> >          BSG_TA_DEFAULT = 0,  // lk 2.4, 2.6 series: head of queue
> >          BSG_TA_HEAD_OF_Q = 0x1000,
> >          BSG_TA_SIMPLE,
> >          BSG_TA_ORDERED,
> >          BSG_TA_ACA,
>
> BSG_TA_HEAD_OF_Q I understand that's like today. What are the meaning
> of the other values? Anyway I only have 2 values to implement I don't want
> to add more values then I use, and have to comment NOT SUPPORTED next
> to them. When used I can add them later.

No, as Doug said, the request_attr is for SCSI task attribute. Other
protocols could use the protocol specific purpose. It's not for
Linux's request queue.

> Please Note that I was asking about the at_head=0/1 of the
> blk_execute_rq_xxx calls. This means that it is not transport
> specific at all, it is a Boolean behavior common to all transports,
> governed by the request submission layer.

Does 'at_head' matter? I think that blk_execute_rq_nowait inserts a
request and plugs a queue either way with queue_lock held.

> If task_attribute is something related to SAM-4 then surly that is not it, because
> I'm looking for a flag that is independent of scsi. If later I will need that SAM-4
> thing it will be taken.
>

> > I would prefer using the request_attr field.
> >
> > Tomo, what do you think?
> >

> > Doug Gilbert
>
> And please, you never explained, what is "request_priority" for?
> What was your original intention?

Wasn't it obvious? :)