Re: rmmod qlogic driver stuck

On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 09:23 -0800, Seokmann Ju wrote:
> On Dec 8, 2008, at 3:33 AM, Gal Rosen wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am working against IBM Total Storage DS4000 with LSI INF-01-00 Rev:
> > 0534 controller. First I don't understand why this controller
> > present 32
> > access LUNs instead of one.
> >
> > But my main issue is when I create virtual port and then try to rmmod
> > the qlogic driver, it stuck. I must say that I made changes to the
> > qlogic driver which add possibility to create virtual port in FC-AL
> > topology. The base driver is from kernel 2.6.26.2.
> >
> > Here is a part of the messages file:
> >
> > [ 1814.053285] scsi(7): DPC handler exiting
> [snip]
> >
> > host5 is the physical port, and host8 is the virtual port that created
> > on host5.
> > This issue does not occur against CLARiiON for instanse.
> As you may know, the NPIV feature implemented in such a way to work only
> in switched fabric topology.
> It requires certain switch with NPIV capable to be able to make the
> feature fully working.

Yes, I know that, but we use the Multi ID feature in Qlogic 24xx
firmware, to create the virtual port in LOOP topology.

I found that if I configure the LUN in the array to write cache disable
this problem does not occur; does this tell something to anyone ?
I don't think that it related to the vport, it will happened also with
physical port.

Gal.