Re: [Fwd: Re: iscsi update for 2.6.29]

Karen Xie wrote:
> Hi, Boaz,

Hi Karen Xie

> I've just sent the patch out to the list, you can apply the patch to the cxgb3i branch of Mike's
> linux-2.6-iscsi tree. The patchset includes a file cxgb3i.txt in Document/scsi. I hope it addresses
> some of your comments.

I will review the full source code during the next week, and see if I can spot any problems.
Specifically, I will check for extended-commands/AHS and bidi problems.

Should the HW support bidi and extended-commands? that is: it will need two scaterlists in parallel,
and support for AHSs with the spilt command (first 16 bytes in main command header and the rest in an AHS).
Perhaps, if the HW does not support this in accelerated mode, then it should switch to SW mode (regular
TCP/IP) when receiving a bidi-command.

> And, yes, I am interested to have bidi setup. How do I go about getting and setting up the OSD sw target?

Thank you, that could be nice.

Start at http://open-osd.org, follow the links to the target page. Please tell me if you have
any problems or questions, and I will be happy to help.
The Target side is easy, just git-clone, compile and run. Initiator is a bit more involved but
should work also.

> Thanks,
> Karen

Thank you